Outlook Express is an email client application that comes built-in to the Windows operating system. It allows users to manage all their email accounts from a single user interface. Apart from that, it also lets you to manage your contact details. In order to start using Outlook Express, you need to configure it by adding your email accounts. To do this, you should know the details of your email server. Once you have successfully configured the Outlook Express, the application will connect to the email server allowing you to send and receive email messages through it. This article contains Outlook support instructions for configuring your Outlook express to manage your email accounts through it.
Instructions for configuring Outlook Express
- Start by clicking on the Windows “Start” button located at the bottom left hand corner of your desktop.
- Select the option that says “All Programs” from the start menu. You will be given a list of programs from which you need to select “Outlook Express”. This will open up the interface of Outlook Express.
- Select the option labeled “Tools” from the main menu.
- Click on “Accounts” from the tools menu.
- Hit the “Add” button. If incase the internet connection wizard did not open up automatically, click on the option labeled “Mail”.
- Provide the name seen by others when they receive your email messages in the “Your Name” text box. Hit the “Next” button.
- Provide your email address and hit the “Next” button.
- Provide the details of your email server. If incase you are not aware of your incoming and outgoing email server settings, collect the same form your email service provider. You should enter these details in the appropriate text boxes. Hit the “Next” button.
- In the Internet Mail Logon form, enter all the required information about your account. Provide the username of your email account in the text box labeled “Account Name”. Type your password in the password field. Mark the check box that says “Remember Password”. This will allow Outlook Express to automatically logon to your email account when you open it. Hit the “Next” button.
- Finally end this procedure by clicking the button labeled “Finish”. Also, restart the application for the changes to take effect.
Those were the Outlook support instructions for setting up your Outlook Express. Make sure to follow all the instructions to the letter.