If you use McAfee Internet Security in your computer then you know how annoying it can get when it consistently blocks even harmless applications from the internet. There are cases where the browser gets barred this way, most especially Mozilla Firefox. To configure McAfee Internet Security and enable Mozilla Firefox to connect to the internet, you can either choose to call our Mozilla Firefox support team or make the following changes.
- Click on the Start menu button, normally situated in the bottom left corner of your screen. When the Start menu pops up, click on Programs/All Programs.
- Locate McAfee from the list of installed application and click on it. An alternative method to accessing the McAfee window would be to double-click on the McAfee icon which you’ll find in the system tray.
- When McAfee Security Center window pops up, click on the Advanced Menu button which is situated in the bottom left side pane. Click on the Configure button and then select Internet & Network from the left side pane in this new window. You will be able to see if your Windows Firewall is enabled or not.
- Click on the Advanced button situated in this window and then click on Program Permissions (again situated on the left side pane). See if you can find the Firefox application from this list of displayed programs and click on it to select it. Click on the Remove Program Permission option and then click Yes to confirm.
- Next, click on the Add Allowed Program button and then browse to the location of your Firefox installation folder. Double click the Firefox executable file (Firefox.exe in most cases) and then click OK. After this, click on Apply button and OK successively to exit the McAfee Security Center window.
If you hate going through the procedure mentioned above, you can choose to reset the Firefox configuration by making the following changes:
- Launch Mozilla Firefox from the Start menu and wait for the application to load.
- Once Firefox comes up, click on the Tools menu, and then select Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab, and then click to select Network.
- Inside the Network menu, click on the Settings button to open the Connection settings dialog box. The new window that pops up will let you change your proxy settings.
- When you are done, click OK to exit the Connections Settings window and then OK again to exit the Options Window.
If you followed all the instructions to the word, you will be able to use Mozilla Firefox. If you have any queries, do not hesitate to contact our Mozilla Firefox support.