Mozilla Firefox is a free web browser which is available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android. It is one of the most popular of all web browsers. Firefox has around 25% of worldwide usage share of web browsers. This web browser is extremely popular in Germany, Indonesia and Poland where It enjoys a market share of 50%, 67% and 44% respectively.
An add-on in Mozilla Firefox is basically a tool which can be used for adding functionality to a particular application. These add-ons are there to make your life on Internet whole lot easier. However, at times, add-ons can give a big headache by not allowing the browser to function properly. If that happens, the only option you have is to remove the problem creating add-on from the browser. In this article you can find step by step instructions for removing add-ons from your Mozilla Firefox browser.
Tech support instructions
For removing the add-ons from your Mozilla Firefox internet browser, all you have to do is to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Start off with this procedure by opening your Firefox browser. To do this, click on the Windows “Start” button, click on “All Programs” or “Programs” depending up the version of Windows you are using, and select the option “Mozilla Firefox”.
- Click on “Tools” from the main menu of your Mozilla Firefox window. Alternatively, you can press “Alt+T”, which will produce the same result.
- Select the option “Add-ons” from the tools menu. This will open up a new dialogue box containing the list of all installed add-ons.
- Go through the list of add-ons and locate the one that you want to remove.
- Once you have located the add-on which you want to remove, click on it and hit the button labeled “Uninstall”. This will remove the selected add-on from Firefox. It is always possible to reinstall it if you latter need it or find it un-harmful.
- Save your settings and restart your Mozilla Firefox for completing the process of removing add-ons. Click on the “Tools” menu once again and select the option “Add-ons” to make sure that the add-on removal process was successful.
That’s all with the instructions for removing Mozilla Firefox add-ons. Have a nice day!